This is the easiest scallop potato recipe I’ve ever made and it turned out well! Easy, easy, easy! I love scallop potatoes with ham so finding this simple version that has so little prep, I am thrilled.
1 medium onion (more or less to your preference)
4 tablespoons flour (more flour if you want it creamier)
3 tablespoons butter
1 cup milk
1-2 cloves chopped garlic (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F
- Slice the potatoes about 1/8-1/4 inch thick. Enough potatoes to fill your casserole dish. You can peel the potatoes or not whichever is your preference.
- In a casserole dish, lay down a single layer of potatoes. Lay some onion down and sprinkle some of the pepper, salt, garlic and flour. Repeat the layers until the dish is full.
- Place butter on the top of the layers.
- Pour the milk over the top of the potatoes until the dish is about 2/3 full.
- Bake for 1 hour or until potatoes are fully cooked.
Original link: http://www.food.com/recipe/easy-scalloped-potatoes-85397