½ Cup Pumpkin Puree
½ Cup Yogurt (I use Vanilla Greek Yogurt)
¾ Cup Milk (any type of milk the original recipe called for almond or soy milk)
½ – 1 Tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
Pinch or two extra cinnamon if it suits your tastes
½ a Frozen Banana
Add, Blend and Enjoy! Yummy addition to breakfast or lunch 🙂
This is the easiest scallop potato recipe I’ve ever made and it turned out well! Easy, easy, easy! I love scallop potatoes with ham so finding this simple version that has so little prep, I am thrilled.
1 medium onion (more or less to your preference)
4 tablespoons flour (more flour if you want it creamier)
3 tablespoons butter
1 cup milk
1-2 cloves chopped garlic (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F
- Slice the potatoes about 1/8-1/4 inch thick. Enough potatoes to fill your casserole dish. You can peel the potatoes or not whichever is your preference.
- In a casserole dish, lay down a single layer of potatoes. Lay some onion down and sprinkle some of the pepper, salt, garlic and flour. Repeat the layers until the dish is full.
- Place butter on the top of the layers.
- Pour the milk over the top of the potatoes until the dish is about 2/3 full.
- Bake for 1 hour or until potatoes are fully cooked.
Original link: http://www.food.com/recipe/easy-scalloped-potatoes-85397
Serving Size: 2 loaves
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/4 cup of cocoa powder
1 cup vegetable oil
2 cups white sugar
3 teaspoons vanilla or pure maple syrup
2 cups finely grated zucchini
1 cup chocolate chips
1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
1/2 cup chocolate protein powder mixed with small amount of water (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F or 165 C – grease and flour two 8X4 inch loaf pans
2. Sift together flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and cocoa powder
3. Beat together the eggs, oil, vanilla/maple syrup and sugar in a large bowl
4. Add the dry sifted ingredients to the creamed mixture and beat well until thoroughly combined
5. Add in protein powered mixed with a small amount of water if choosing to. (This stage is approx. because I usually don’t measure the protein powder – about 2 scoops of powder and just enough water so none of the powder is dry)
6. Mix in zucchini, chocolate chips and (optional) walnuts until well mixed
7. Pour into prepared pans and bake for 40-60 minutes or until tester inserted into the center comes out clean. Cool in pan for approx 20 minutes then remove from pan and cool on rack until cool to the touch.
*I will also use this recipe for muffins, the baking time just has to be adjusted it.
** Zucchini bread and muffins freeze well 🙂
Apple Pie Caramel Cheesecake
This recipe defiantly ranks up there on the favorite dessert list in my family. Even the family members that don’t like apple pie like this cheesecake. This is my go-to recipe when I’m asked to make dessert for a birthday or other celebration – it is a bit of work so be prepared to make plenty of dishes dirty and put a side some time for prep.
Crusty Bread Recipe
The best (and easiest) bread recipe I have ever made. Love Love Love this recipe. We like to add a head of roasted garlic to it and sometimes cheese, SO GOOD! Occasionally we also divide the dough into 4-6 lumps after they have risen to make buns instead of a loaf… these also turn out gorgeously – perfect for sandwiches.
**if you do make buns adjust the baking time accordingly buns don’t need quite as long in the oven.